Band on the Run
NewsCenter : Latest Beatle & McCartney News from MACCAcentral.com
Please Wait

Loading Content
Next »

New Paul McCartney Album Coming This Fall

Paul McCartney, Beatle, has been writing and recording his 16th studio album, due out sometime this fall.

Rolling Stone reports that McCartney, who has been traversing the U.S. for the last couple of months on his Out There Tour, has been working on his follow-up to 2012′s Kisses On The Bottom with a cadre of guests, including producers Mark Ronson, Adele hitmaker Paul Epworth, and Giles Martin, son of “fifth Beatle” and producer George Martin.

The album will also feature the son of a Beatle contemporary, producer Ethan Johns, whose father Glyn Johns worked with The Beatles, The Who and The Rolling Stones. The young Johns has also produced a handful of seminal indie records like Ryan AdamsHeartbreaker, the first two Kings Of Leon records, and the last three Laura Marling records. In an interview with RS, Johns said that he and McCartney first started recording a song called “Hosannah” on vintage instruments to analog tape.

“It had an incredible feel,” said Johns of the song, “a really evocative piece of music, a very interesting lyric, and the performance was great. Then we started to experiment with it, and I put a bunch of psychedelic strangeness on it. You have fun. ‘Oh, try this! Do that!’ It’s just very inspiring to be around.”

Johns and McCartney recorded four new songs in total over the three to four weeks they spent in the studio, first at London’s AIR Studios then later at the famous Abbey Road Studios.

“It was revelatory for me, recording Paul in that space having listened to the sound of those Beatles records,” said Johns. “He plugged in his bass, I put a microphone in front of it, walked upstairs into the control room, pushed the fader up, and [that sound] came out of the speakers immediately. I didn’t have to do anything! It was a pretty major light bulb for me. People get so fixated on the equipment and the gear, and those things are important – but ultimately, the bass sound on Revolver is Paul. Paul could be playing anything and he will get that sound.”

Last Updated: 08/26/13 18:10

view comments Comments (212)

212 people have commented on this story so far. Tell us what you think below.
by billig toms and nike : http://www.kaufen2015schuhede.com/ 2 hours, 5 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Almost all of whatever you point out happens to be supprisingly appropriate and that makes me ponder why I hadn`t looked at this with this light previously. Your piece truly did turn the light on for me as far as this specific topic goes. However there is actually 1 factor I am not too comfy with so whilst I attempt to reconcile that with the central idea of the position, permit me see exactly what the rest of the visitors have to say.Very well done.
by nike free rea : http://www.nike-free-se.com/ 7 hours, 55 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
It`s a shame you don`t have a donate button! I`d definitely donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i`ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
by nike femme en ligne : http://www.sportschaussuresfr2015.com/ 8 hours, 40 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything. But just imagine if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this blog could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its niche. Superb blog!
by goedkoop nike air ma : http://www.topnikesale.nl/ 10 hours, 19 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hi! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!
by kopen nike nederland : http://www.airmax90shoponline.nl/ 16 hours, 13 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I`ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
by nike air max 90 bill : http://www.nikesverige-rea.com/ 17 hours, 18 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. However just imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this blog could definitely be one of the very best in its niche. Amazing blog!
by goedkope converse sa : http://www.goedkopeconverseschoenen.com/ 25 hours, 38 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Awesome blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers? I`m hoping to start my own blog soon but I`m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I`m totally confused .. Any recommendations? Bless you!
by nike air max 90 herr : http://www.nikesverige-rea.com/ 26 hours, 22 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hey this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I`m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!
by billiga nike dam : http://www.nikesverigerea.com/ 38 hours, 14 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
I`m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It`s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Excellent work!
by billigaste nike rosh : http://www.reaneakersbilligsse.com/ 40 hours, 46 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn`t appear. Grrrr... well I`m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

Please enter your name, city, email and comment below: