McCartney
NewsCenter : Latest Beatle & McCartney News from MACCAcentral.com
Please Wait

Loading Content
Next »

New Paul McCartney Album Coming This Fall

Paul McCartney, Beatle, has been writing and recording his 16th studio album, due out sometime this fall.

Rolling Stone reports that McCartney, who has been traversing the U.S. for the last couple of months on his Out There Tour, has been working on his follow-up to 2012′s Kisses On The Bottom with a cadre of guests, including producers Mark Ronson, Adele hitmaker Paul Epworth, and Giles Martin, son of “fifth Beatle” and producer George Martin.

The album will also feature the son of a Beatle contemporary, producer Ethan Johns, whose father Glyn Johns worked with The Beatles, The Who and The Rolling Stones. The young Johns has also produced a handful of seminal indie records like Ryan AdamsHeartbreaker, the first two Kings Of Leon records, and the last three Laura Marling records. In an interview with RS, Johns said that he and McCartney first started recording a song called “Hosannah” on vintage instruments to analog tape.

“It had an incredible feel,” said Johns of the song, “a really evocative piece of music, a very interesting lyric, and the performance was great. Then we started to experiment with it, and I put a bunch of psychedelic strangeness on it. You have fun. ‘Oh, try this! Do that!’ It’s just very inspiring to be around.”

Johns and McCartney recorded four new songs in total over the three to four weeks they spent in the studio, first at London’s AIR Studios then later at the famous Abbey Road Studios.

“It was revelatory for me, recording Paul in that space having listened to the sound of those Beatles records,” said Johns. “He plugged in his bass, I put a microphone in front of it, walked upstairs into the control room, pushed the fader up, and [that sound] came out of the speakers immediately. I didn’t have to do anything! It was a pretty major light bulb for me. People get so fixated on the equipment and the gear, and those things are important – but ultimately, the bass sound on Revolver is Paul. Paul could be playing anything and he will get that sound.”

Last Updated: 08/26/13 18:10

view comments Comments (364)

364 people have commented on this story so far. Tell us what you think below.
by Air Max 2013 Gray Me : http://www.futuresun.net/images/config.php?Nike-Air-Max-2013-Running-Suede-Mens-Gray-t-1409_1658.html 5 hours, 18 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I`m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I`m thinking about setting up my own but I`m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cheers
by you Can Wear It Do A : http://www.proweigh.co.uk/images/config.php?Mens-Nike-Air-Max-90-Em-Running-White-Blue-t-1523_1511.html 10 hours, 3 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
This will be a great web page, will you be involved in doing an interview about how you developed it? If so e-mail me!
by No Tax Of Mens Nike : http://www.trust.debenhamsuffolk.org.uk/images/config.php?Mens-Nike-Free-Running-Running--Blue-White-t-2487_61.html 11 hours, 16 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization? I`m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I`m not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share. Many thanks!
by nike online : http://www.maxschoenenamsterdam.com/ 13 hours, 47 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
I love what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and exposure! Keep up the fantastic works guys I`ve incorporated you guys to our blogroll.
by Cheapest Nike Air Ma : http://portman-manor.co.il/images/config.php?Nike-Air-Max-TR-180-Running-2013-Mens-Gray-Black-t-1314_745.html 18 hours, 4 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
I don`t know whether it`s just me or if everyone else encountering problems with your site. It seems like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a issue with my browser because I`ve had this happen before. Many thanks
by Cheap Mens Nike Air : http://www.christmaspartyuk.co.uk/images/dtIPVZ08.php?Mens-Nike-Air-Max-LTD-1-Running--Black-White-t-316_907.html 25 hours, 16 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I`m using the same blog platform as yours and I`m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!
by Nike Air Max 2013 Me : http://www.walshbros.co.uk/images/config.php?Nike-Air-Max-2013--Running-Mens-Blue-t-1510_422.html 28 hours, 14 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I`m getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I`ve had issues with hackers and I`m looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
by good Service And You : http://www.e-jac.co.uk/images/config.php?Mens-Nike-Air-Max-2014--Running-Blue-Black-t-2122_538.html 33 hours, 18 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Hello! Do you use Twitter? I`d like to follow you if that would be okay. I`m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
by A Pair Of Shoes : http://www.aspc.org.uk/images/config.php?Nike-Air-Max-LTD-2--Running-Mens-Gray-White-t-2379_551.html 65 hours, 49 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?
by Air Max 2013 Black M : http://www.friendsofhylandshouse.org/images/config.php?Nike-Air-Max-2013-Suede-Running-Mens-Black-t-2665_501.html 75 hours, 29 minutes ago (Guest)  click to register
Music started playing when I opened up this web site, so frustrating!

Please enter your name, city, email and comment below:

Add a comment to this article:

New Paul McCartney Album Coming This Fall

Name:
  Email:
  City/Country:
  Enter your comment:
  You have  characters left.
Enter the text as it is shown below:
captcha This extra step helps prevent automated abuse of this feature. Please enter the characters exactly as you see them.

NOTE: The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Click here to review our Terms of Use. Report any abusive comments by clicking the report icon. This feature allows both website guests and members to participate. All comments currently are separate from the oBLOGdi-oBLOGda forums but a method is being worked on so comments are interchangable.

Search Amazon

Today in Beatle History:

Today in Beatle History

Search News Archive

Get the most from MACCA Central

Newsletter is under construction.

News Summary